We are hiring!!
Openings at Multiple Locations - Indiana / Illinois / Michigan
CPO’s / CPs / COs / Orthotic Fitter
Are you looking for a career in an O&P practice that is patient centered? One that promotes vertical growth and freedom in a dynamic and diverse work environment? Bionic Prosthetics and Orthotics is an expanding ABC accredited O&P company in the Midwest, searching for ambitious individuals to join our experienced and enthusiastic team! We offer a competitive salary, sick and vacation time, 401K, health benefits and continued educational opportunities.
Residency Program – Orthotics and Prosthetics
Bionic Prosthetics and Orthotics is an ABC accredited orthotic and prosthetic practice and an NCOPE accredited residency program site in the Midwest. With 10 clinics (and growing!) spread across Northern Indiana and Chicagoland area in Illinois, and around 15 board certified and state licensed practitioners in various disciplines, Bionic takes immense pride in the competent and compassionate patient care it has been able to provide in the community in the ten years since its inception. With a combined work experience of over 100 years between our clinical team, Bionic represents extensive expertise in the field, including advanced microprocessor controlled prosthetic systems, myo-electric upper limb prosthetics with pattern recognition, sub-ischial socket designs, hi-fi socket systems, functional electrical stimulation orthotic systems like walkaide, custom carbon fibre AFO’s and KAFO’s for various neuromuscular and orthopedic pathologies, cranial remolding treatment, pediatric bracing, scoliosis bracing, dynamic upper limb bracing, and many other O&P interventions.
We are seeking Prosthetic and Orthotic Residents who are looking for a patient centered residency program with a platform to learn and enhance their skills with a diverse and dedicated clinical team, allowing them to grow to their fullest potential in this ever-changing and demanding field. Our residency program offers a constructive learning path, with educational opportunities internally and externally with various O&P manufacturers, exposure to patient care and clinical skills with multiple specialist practitioners within the group, improving imaging and fabrication skills with access to CAD-CAM, scanning, 3D printing and our in-house fabrication lab, focus on documentation requirements and skills for medical necessity establishment and outcome measure data analysis. We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, 401K, sick and vacation time, as well as continued educational opportunities. Responsibilities of a Bionic resident include:
- Perform and document detailed clinical evaluations of patients with assessments, plan of care, goals and use of outcome measures in accordance to physician prescriptions.
- Establish, justify and document pertinent coding & medical necessity of prescribed O&P devices, and co-ordinate the same from referring physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Learn and Perform modifications on plaster models and on CAD software, co-ordinate fabrication, ordering, assembly and alignment of O&P devices.
- Observe, learn, assist and independently perform fitting, gait training, dynamic alignment, delivery and follow ups of O&P devices, at progressing stages of the residency program.
- Assist administrative and compliance staff with information related to claim submissions, audits, denials, appeals, and efficient functioning of the clinic.
- Participate in local and healthcare community awareness, marketing efforts, educational in-services, CEU programs, team building and other training events.
- Follow company protocols on patient privacy, compliance requirements, timeframes, professional ethics, etc.
This is a very dynamic residency position for extremely proactive and scrupulous individuals who are passionate about prosthetics, orthotics and patient care, and are up for a demanding and challenging work environment! DEFINITELY NOT for those that need constant spoon feeding or micro-managing, are nervous around patients, have poor communication skills, and not willing to go the extra mile to get things done!
For more information, contact:
Shawn Malik, CPO (email@example.com) or Kellie Coundiff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bionic Prosthetics & Orthotics Group LLC
8695 Connecticut Street, Ste E,
Merrillville, Indiana 46410
P: (219) 791-9200 | F: (219) 979-6775