Symbionic Leg 3
Featuring the latest advances in Bionic Technology by Össur, SYMBIONIC LEG 3 is the next generation of integrated prosthesis that combines a microprocessor knee and powered microprocessor ankle with proactive ankle flexion. SYMBIONIC LEG 3 was designed to enable users to experience greater safety, symmetry and confidence when walking, without needing to adapt their walking style or otherwise compensate for their prosthesis.
- Designed to enhance user’s safety through powered toe lift and stumble recovery, which can help reduce the risk of trips and falls.
- Enabling consistent ground clearance allows the prosthetist to better match the user’s native limb length. Combined with easier swing initiation, SYMBIONIC LEG 3 encourages greater symmetry while walking and helps restore a more natural gait.
- With its unique intelligent terrain adaptation capabilities, the SYMBIONIC LEG also can help enhance users’ confidence, by providing stability while walking on such everyday surfaces as grass, slopes, or uneven ground. This enables the user to walk more easily without having to literally watch their every step.
- Extension lock mechanism, to lock the knee in full extension and increase safety and comfort under specific circumstances.
- SYMBIONIC LEG 3 now features a more powerful knee actuator and new kinematic sensor for better stability, increased support across a wider range of stance flexion, and faster, more consistent swing extension.
Genium Microprocessor Knee
From the powerful new walk-to-run function to enhanced Optimized Physiological Gait to the new Cockpit app, the Genium strengthens your options for improved outcomes.
Part of the only family of microprocessor knees, Genium capitalizes on more than 15 years of real-life experience, offering the choice of what knee is exactly right for you and your patient.
Walk up stairs step-over-step
Integrated sensor technology within Genium lets people walk up stairs step-over-step, setting their own pace.
Cross obstacles more smoothly
Now everyday obstacles can be stepped right over—supported by a stable, flexed knee when your foot strikes the ground. No more awkward swinging your prosthetic leg around the impediments of daily life.
Walk backwards, forwards … and more
Genium detects forward and backward motion and provides support as needed. The user is secure even when stepping backwards or changing direction.
Stand more easily
The Genium can tell when the user is standing and automatically resists further flexing. This translates into being more relaxed while standing, saving energy and taking stress away from the sound side – even on inclines and uneven surfaces.
Sit more naturally
If the user sits for more than 2 seconds (with thigh parallel to the ground and minimal weight on the leg) the Genium reduces resistance to take a more natural position—and switches to an energy saving mode.
Genium carries an IP rating of 54 which means the electronics are protected from splashing water, dust or dirt.
Control in the palm of the hand
In addition to the remote, the user can now switch between the 5 MyModes by using the new Cockpit app for Android smartphones. The Cockpit app also allows the user to check battery life and view step counts.
Triton Smart Ankle
The Triton smart ankle lives up to its name, combining the well-engineered Triton foot with the power of state-of-the-art microprocessor and sensor technology.
With 34 degrees range of motion, the Triton smart ankle opens up possibilities for your patients by actively responding to changes in terrain and speed to make walking easier, especially on ramps, slopes, and stairs. Make the ankle even smarter by using the app (free in the Apple or Google Play stores) to fine-tune the foot. You can even set parameters to accommodate their activities of daily living. And the long-lasting battery life of up to 72 hours gives the freedom to roam without worrying about running out of power.
PROPRIO FOOT is an adaptive prosthetic device for low to moderately active below-knee amputees that mimics natural foot motion. Motor-powered ankle motion increases ground clearance and reduces the risk of tripping and falling. This allows users to traverse different kinds of terrain in a natural and secure way.
- Increases ground clearance, reduces the risk of trips and falls and enhances safety and gait quality.
- Enables users to focus on their surroundings, instead of the walking terrain, offering a high degree of ground compliance, on all kinds of surfaces.
- Reduces strain on knees, hips and back.
- Enhances stability, efficiency and comfort on inclines, declines and stairs.
- Maintains symmetry and alignment while changing shoes.
Ottobock C-brace System
Until now, patients had very few choices for people with indications like incomplete spinal cord injury, weakness or paresis of the quadriceps, and post-polio syndrome. Now, instead of settling for a locking joint, you can fit the Ottobock C-Brace® system.
Among the many benefits, patients most value the ability to change speeds, to walk with controlled knee flexion, and to move more efficiently. In daily life, that means a walk in the park can be just that. A patient can trust their knee to support them on all types of terrain, and they can spend their energy and attention enjoying the day. This dramatic increase in function is possible through real-time gait analysis and goes far beyond simply locking and unlocking the knee joint. Patients experience support throughout the gait cycle as the system automatically adjusts to prepare for the next movement..
- Stumble Control: Resistance to uncontrolled knee flexion when sensors read a moment of instability gives the time necessary to recover.
- Real-Time Gait Analysis: Every period of gait in the gait cycle is controlled dynamically and in real time, allowing the patient to walk with more ease and less concentration – with less compensation of the sound side and torso.
- Standing and 2nd Mode: Additional modes allow for comfortable static standing and additional settings (for therapy or other activities).
- Stance Extension Damping: Progressive resistance allows natural movement to occur without uncontrolled and early knee and hip extension at Terminal Stance, resulting in a more natural movement without abrupt changes to the center of gravity, lower back and lower limb joints.
Stance Flexion Damping: Controlled, partial knee flexion while weight bearing allows the patient to exhibit knee control when walking down hills and ramps, descending stairs step over step, and while sitting down into a chair.
WalkAide is a revolutionary FDA cleared medical device that leverages functional electrical stimulation (FES) to improve walking ability of people living with foot drop, The WalkAide is also utilized as a Neuro Rehabilitation tool by Clinicians.
The WalkAide system utilizes patented tilt sensor technology and functional electrical stimulation (FES) to analyze the movement of the leg and stimulate the appropriate nerves, prompting the foot to lift with every step. The gentle electrical impulses produced by WalkAide activate the muscles to raise the foot at the appropriate time during the step cycle, creating a more natural and efficient walking pattern.
Although WalkAide is a highly advanced medical device, it is surprisingly small and discreet, and quite easy to use. It consists of a battery-operated, single-channel electrical stimulator, two electrodes, and electrode leads. WalkAide is applied directly to the leg – not implanted under the skin – and can be worn discreetly under most clothing. A cuff holds the system in place. No surgery is required.